Last updated and effective as of 5/1/21.
Introduction and Your Acceptance of These Terms
Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you: Your provision of your personal information to Us is completely voluntary; it is not a statutory or contractual requirement. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that is uniquely identifiable to you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card number and other personal information that is not otherwise publicly available. We collect information about Our customers and users of Our websites in various ways, such as your voluntary submissions, including when you purchase tickets through Us or Our business partner Etix, by registration of your information to create an account or receive information from Us, by visiting Our social networking sites, and through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may use your personal information to communicate with you about your use of any of the features above; new content on Our website; news We think may interest you about Us; responses to your questions/comments to Us; and information relating to e-commerce.
We may use your demographic information for in-house statistics, advertising and marketing target information. Our processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance and fulfillment of the contract between us and to provide you with Our services. We will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve personal information when We have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary, to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and otherwise required by law.
You can always opt-out of receiving future promotional communications from Us; see the Choice/Opt-out section below.
Information we collect automatically: Even if you don’t use any of the features above, when you visit Our website, We may collect certain information about you.
- From your Browser. For example, Our servers keep an activity log that tracks all visitors to the website. The information in the activity log does not identify you individually. The information collected may include among other data: your IP address, your registered domain or home server, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, number of clicks, software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times and referring website’s address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with Our server and to administer Our website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and geographic location. We use such data in the aggregate to run internal analyses to improve upon your experience on Our website.
- Tracking Tags (also known as “web beacons,” “action tags” or “single-pixel gifs”). Our website may also use tracking tags. Tracking tags are invisible graphics embedded in the pages of Our website that are programmed to collect non-personal information about your use of Our website. Like cookies, tracking tags provide overall usage patterns for Our website that We use for analysis and to provide personalized services and advertising content.
- We also collect information from Our business partners and Nederlander, the Broadway at The National parent company. We may also provide information to Nederlander. If We do collect your information from Our business partners or through other sweepstakes and/or contests, We only do so after you have opted-in to receive additional information from Us. We do not purchase information about You.
We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The personal information We collect allows Us to keep you posted on updates to the National Theatre Site. It also helps Us to improve Our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on Our email list, you can opt out any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email you receive from Us.
From time to time, We may use your personal information to send transactional emails, such as communications about purchases and changes to Our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with the National Theatre, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the National Theatre’s services, and customer communications.
Information Collected By/Shared With Third Parties
- Third Parties Doing Work for Us. Third parties have no rights to use any data We have collected on your behalf. However, We may employ other companies or individuals to perform functions on Our behalf, such as sending postal mail, email, and text messages, conducting sweepstakes/contests, prize fulfillment and promotional activities, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These outside suppliers, agents, and vendors have access to your personal information only as needed to perform their functions.
- Third Parties with Links from Our Website. From our website, you may be able to click on links to third party sites to buy tickets and merchandise and for other purposes. These third party sites may collect information, including personal information. We are not responsible for, nor do we have access to the information they collect. The collection of this information is governed by the privacy policies on the applicable third party sites.
- Social Networking Services. Our website may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
- When necessary. We may also release personal information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Ourselves, Our clients, Our users, or others. We may disclose personal information about you to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties, as We, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Us to legal liability.
Transactions With Third Party E-commerce Partners, Vendors and Advertisers
Delivery of Advertising and Other Content
In addition to ads and content that We may serve you directly, We use third-party advertising companies and marketing services companies to serve ads and other content when you visit the National Theatre Site and elsewhere on the internet and in other media. Both We and these companies may use information about your visits to Our Site and elsewhere to serve ads and other content to you. In the course of doing so, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser by such companies. In addition, We and these companies may use Web beacons to help manage Our online advertising and content. These Web beacons enable Us and the third-party companies to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this Site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our website and to serve you ads that you may find of interest elsewhere on the internet and in other media. Both the National Theatre and these companies may use information obtained from your visits to Our Site or other websites, and information received from you offline in order to provide advertisements about goods and services and other content of interest to you across the internet and in other media.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used in this manner by Our third party advertising companies, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp and/or www.aboutads.info/choices.
In addition, we may provide PII and Anonymous Information to marketing services companies. This may include information we received from you offline or online. These companies may combine information we provide (including PII and Anonymous Information) with personal and anonymous information they may have about you, using cookies they place or that We place on their behalf, as described in the section regarding “Cookies and Tracking Tags”. We require these companies to delete the PII we provide them. These companies may use the resulting non-personal information and such cookies for their own marketing purposes, and they may provide the same to their customers for their customer’s marketing purposes.
Some of Our emails may contain tags that allow Us and Our advertisers and other partners to determine the types of content that may be of interest to you. Those tags may contain PII and may be shared with others to the same extent indicated in the section regarding “Cookies and Tracking Tags”. Those tags may not be deleted but you can opt out of receiving the emails.
Security of Your Personal Information
The National Theatre employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for personal information collected through this Site, including physical, electronic and operational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized access. While the National Theatre takes all appropriate steps to safeguard personal information under Our control, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, We cannot guarantee that personal information supplied by users will not be accessed on Our servers, or intercepted while being transmitted to Us over the Internet. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with Our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce Our agreements. Even if We delete some or all of your Personal Information, We may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your Personal Information. Please note that We will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Choice/Opt Out and Correct/Update
The Site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service, at any time. This website also gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided, at any time.
- Users can send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users can send mail to the following postal address:
c/o BATN Marketing, 3rd Floor
1321 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004
- Users can call the following telephone number: (202) 628-6161
Users can opt-out of receiving future newsletter emails from Us by selecting the unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email.
However, We are not responsible for removing your information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided with your information or is collecting your information through their cookies.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for Our processing for your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
We do not intend Our website to be used by individuals under the age of 18 without the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. We rely upon parents or guardians 18 years of age or older to determine if Our website is appropriate for the viewing, access, or participation by such individuals under the age of 18. If an individual under the age of 18 uses Our website, such individual may do so only under the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older.
We do not seek or knowingly collect personally identifiable information about children under 13 years of age. If We become aware that We have unknowingly collected information from a child under the age of 13, We will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from Our database.
In the event that We are, or any component of our operations is, merged with, or is acquired by, another entity, then any such successor or acquiring entity may become the successor to Our obligations with respect to the personal information that you have provided to Us, which would be necessary for the entity to effectively continue our business. By using this website, you consent to any transfer and use of such personal information by an entity assuming control of Our operations as a result of a merger, purchase of assets, or liquidation in bankruptcy or insolvency.
Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request information regarding the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you want to make a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.